Gluten Free Poor Man’s Krabby Patty is a wonderful way to enjoy tuna, ever had a crab cake? While this isn’t made of crab it is wonderfully savory and light, and makes a wonderful tuna patty. This would go well in a sandwich, or even served alone just like it is. If you like gluten free alternatives, this is the perfect tuna patty for you.
Gluten Free Poor Man’s Krabby Patty
Gluten free alternatives are perfect for those of us trying to stay away from gluten products. You can make a delicious dinner without having any gluten in your food. This is a very flavorful tuna patty that your whole family is certain to love.
Gluten Free Poor Man's Krabby Patty
These gluten free Krabby Patty are great even if you can have gluten. These taste light and don't have a fishy taste at all.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (I prefer albacore in water low sodium Starkist Tuna), drained
- 1 egg, I use large
- 1/2 cup seasoned Gluten Free 'bread' crumbs, or your favorite GF cereal like Chex, crushed
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is gluten free), optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired can be made up a day or two in advance.
Coat a cast iron skillet with cooking spray, oil or butter(just enough to coat not shallow frying); fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them. Then I pop them into the oven for 5-10 minutes. Using a cast iron skillet makes it even easier.
Serve plain, or on GF buns with yummy sides of steamed veggies *coughs* or deep fried sweet potato friesPrint Recipe