This is a quick and easy Indian snack. I love these when I go to an Indian restaurant, they are like deep fried dumplings.
Thanks to ultimatum chef for sharing this recipe.
These vegetable samosas are a perfectly spiced.
- For Cover:
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- Water to Knead dough
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Little salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (optional)
- For Stuffing:
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
- 1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon coriander finely chopped
- Few chopped Cashews (optional)
- Few Raisins (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)
How to make samosa:
Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water. Add a little water at a time. Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough. Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For Stuffing :
In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chilles, ginger and Mix well. Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well. Add coriander and keep aside.
To Proceed :
Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4"-5" diameter circle. Cut it into two parts like semi-circle. Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so. Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).Print Recipe