This is the best I've ever tasted! You may substitute 2 10 ounce packages broccoli instead of squash. Thanks Mari for sharing this with us!!
This casserole is so very tasty and so simple to make!
- 4 1/2 cups sliced yellow squash (about 8-10 med sized)
- 1 chopped sweet onion (or 1 medium if not sweet)
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Topping: Mix together;
- 1 Sleeve finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Cut the squash into bite sized pieces. Boil squash and onion until tender. Drain and set aside. Mix the next set of ingredients together and add to drained squash and onions, and stir to combine. Place mixture into an 8x10 casserole dish and bake @ 325-350 for 20 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle cracker mixture over the top. Return dish to oven and bake for 15 minutes until brown.Print Recipe