My Mama made this for us when we were children. Quick and easy to make. It was also inexpensive. Great with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Quick and Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
Thanks to Aflutterby for sharing this tomato soup recipe.
Quick and Easy - Homemade Tomato Soup
Homemade tomato soup is so much better than tomato in a can. You can make this one in just moments.
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (helps prevent curdling)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, half and half or evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to your preference
1. In a large saucepan add the 3 cups of milk and butter. Heat until hot, be careful not to scorch the liquid!
2. Once the liquid is hot, add the baking soda, stir quickly as it will foam.
3. Add the tomatoes and reheat until hot.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.Print Recipe