Home made potato soup is so comforting and perfect when you are trying to capture some of those familiar feelings of childhood. Potatoes, milk, and other fresh vegetables make for a delightful pot of soup.
Grandma’s Potato Soup
Grandma's Potato Soup
Potato soup is something that is best when made from scratch.
- 4 potatoes (Idaho or Russet potatoes are recommended) (This is a total of 5 potatoes)
- 1 potato for the pot
- 1 large can evaporated milk (at least 15 ounces)
- Whole Milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 celery stalk (no leaves), chopped
- 1 medium to large onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
Peel and chop potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place into medium-sized stock pot. Add evaporated milk and fill up empty can with each whole milk and water. Add stick of butter, allow to melt. Add chopped celery, onion, chopped garlic, sea salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Cook on low or simmer until potatoes are soft. DO NOT allow soup to boil.
The flavor of potato soup is enhanced by any buttered sweet roll or dinner roll.
Thanks to hyjinx for sharing this recipe.Print Recipe