Simple, Mexican inspired chicken dish that is ready to eat when you are. After having traditional mole, I decided to come up with a recipe that I could put on in the morning and let cook all day. This is what I came up with.
Crock pot Chicken Mole
Thanks to eysterfamily for sharing her crock pot recipe.
Crock-Pot Mole Chicken
You can enjoy mole made in the Crock-Pot
- 1 whole 3-5 pound chicken, cleaned and giblets/neck discarded
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 Tablet Abuelita Mexican chocolate
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients except chicken into your crock pot. Mix well while heating on high. After chocolate is mostly melted add your chicken. Cover and cook the entire day, or at least 6 hours. Check taste for salt.
To serve, strain sauce and retain. Pull chicken off the bone.
Serve with warm tortillas, make burritos and serve with cheese and sour cream. You can also serve this over white rice. This is a recipe that is requested constantly at potlucks and my 12 and 7 year olds love it.Print Recipe