This is a well known appetizer dish from Chili’s. These are filled with chicken breasts, black beans and so much more.
Chilis Southwest Eggrolls
Thanks to Arrington for sharing this appetizer recipe.
Chilis Southwest Egg Rolls
Thanks to Arrington you can make this classic dish from Chilis at home.
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced, canned jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 5 7-inch flour tortillas
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup smashed fresh avocados (about half of an avocado)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash dried dill weed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
2. Rub the chicken breast with some vegetable oil then grill it on the barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done.
3. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the chicken while it cooks.
4. Set chicken aside until it cools down enough to handle.
5. Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add the red pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender.
7. Dice the cooked chicken into small cubes and add it to the pan.
8. Add the corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan.
9. Cook for another 4 minutes.
10. Stir well so that the spinach separates and is incorporated into the mixture.
11. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese.
12. Stir until the cheese is melted.
13. Wrap the tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
14. Spoon approximately one-fifth of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
15. Fold in the ends and then roll the tortilla over the mixture.
16. Roll the tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
17. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls.
18. Arrange the eggrolls on a plate, cover the plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
19. Overnight is best.
20. While the eggrolls freeze prepare the avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
21. Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375 degrees.
22. Deep fry the eggrolls in the hot oil for 12-15 minutes and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes.
23. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of the dipping sauce.
24. Garnish the dipping sauce with the chopped tomato and onion.Print Recipe