This is a recipe taken from the Southern Lady—everyone loves these easy-to- make turnovers. They are not only delicious, but beautiful!
Thanks to Kellyk for sharing this chicken recipe.
Image by CMP
You can make some of these tasty Southern Lady's chicken turnovers.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoon melted butter, divided
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped pimento
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1) Blend cream cheese & 3 tablespoons butter. Add chicken and next five ingredients--fold together until blended.
2) Unroll crescent roll dough and divide into rectangles (4 per can) pressing together the diagonal perforations.
3) Place rounded 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each dough rectangle. Fold dough over filling and pressing edges together to seal.
4) Dip turnovers in remaining melted butter and then roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
These can be assembled ahead of time and then placed in the oven 30 minutes before serving. If you find it difficult for the perforations to "hold together" you may want to try using a rolling pin to gently roll the perforations together.