Everything that makes a Rueben sandwich special is in this casserole. This casserole reheats well.
Do you love Reuben sandwiches? You can enjoy this tasty classic sandwich in a casserole.
- 1 (16 ounces) can sauerkraut, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 packages (4 ounces) sliced corn beef
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 can biscuits
- 2 crisp rye crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Spread sauerkraut in bottom of 12 X 8 inch baking dish. Top with tomato, dot dressing over tomatoes. Cover with Corned Beef, sprinkle cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Open biscuits separate into 6 then separate each into 3 layers; slightly over lap layers on casseroles to from 2 or 3 layers.
Sprinkle with crackers and caraway seeds. Bake until biscuits are golden, about 12 - 17 minutes.
Thanks to bckennyg for sharing this casserole recipe.Print Recipe