We passed through Bossier City/Shreveport, LA many times and always stopped to eat at Ralph & Kakoo's. I finally perfected their twice-baked potatoes in my own kitchen. They are a meal on their own!
Ralph and Kakoo's Twice Baked Potatos
Yield: 4 servings.
Ralph & Kakoo’s Twice-Baked Potatoes
You can make stuffed baked potatoes just like they do at Ralph and KaKoos
- 3 - 4 Large baking potatoes
- 1 small can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound crisply fried and crumbled hickory smoked bacon
- 2 cups shredded medium to sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Daisy Sour Cream
- Handful of fresh, finely minced chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
Bake potatoes, wrapped in foil until fork tender. Cool at room temperature for an hour or so. Slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the insides into a large bowl, leaving at least 1/4 inch of potato in the skins. Place skins on a baking sheet to use later. Add sour cream, soup, bacon and more than half of the cheese to potatoes in bowl. Whip with electric mixer until barely blended. Fold in chives and bacon. Scoop mixture back into the potato shells and top with rest of cheese. Bake in oven at 375 until bubbly and browned.Print Recipe