Some evenings there is nothing like a pot of chili. This recipe is from my Great-Grandmother Cranston. She was from the Mid-West and this recipe makes a very mild chili. Ethel Eynard, Jefferson City, MO. 1969.
Personally I would add more chili powder than this recipe calls for, but I have been living in Texas for a long time now 😉
Quick and Easy Chili
Quick and easy chili is so much better than chili in a can. This chili can be made in about 15 minutes.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chili beans in chili sauce (Ranch Style Beans work well too!)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder (or more if you like)
- Salt and Pepper according to your taste
Place hamburger and onion in frying pan and cook until done. Drain grease off. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes before serving.Print Recipe