Source San Antonio Express News. Aldo’s is a family restaurant located in San Antonio.
Aldo’s Ristorante Italiano House Vinaigrette
Homemade salad dressings are always better than store bought bottled dressings. Don't miss this one.
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste (you may want to start with 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (flat leaf Italian preferred)
- 3 ounces diced pimento (bottled are fine)
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper and sugar. Add white onion, green onion, parsley and pimento; stir to mix. In a separate small bowl, whip egg white until frothy and light. Add egg white, lemon juice and vinegar to bowl and mix to combine. Add olive oil slowly, drop by drop, then in a slow stream, whisking constantly, until mixture is emulsified.Print Recipe