Bennigan’s was known for many unique menu items. Their Ale House Shrimp and Pasta was one of them, we will show you how to make food that is a clone of theirs. You will think this recipe tastes just like their Ale House Shrimp and pasta. Red onions, mushrooms, garlic, pasta, along with Ale makes a hearty pasta dish.
Bennigan's Ale House Shrimp and Pasta
Yield: 4 servings.
Bennigan’s Ale House Shrimp and Pasta
Bennigan’s Ale House Shrimp and Pasta you can prepare a favorite recipe from the past.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1 12 ounce package of mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Irish brown ale
- 1 package of white sauce mix, whisked with 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- GARNISH: Chopped Scallions, Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on package
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute until fragrant. Add ale, white sauce mixture
3. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
4. Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add shrimp and sauce; toss to mix and coat. When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.Print Recipe