Lots of fresh vegetables make for a light and filling chicken dish. With our version of this recipe, you can walk through a farmers market, or even your supermarket, and pick up green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. With a few ingredients out of your pantry, you can make a robust dish that will please all of your guests. Be sure to serve this up with some fresh pasta and some crusty bread, and you will be leaving a clean plate with our version of Olive Garden Sam Remo.
Olive Garden Sam Remo
Yield: 4-6 servings
You can find more Olive Garden Recipes at CopyKat.com, the web’s most popular destination for copycat restaurant recipes.
Olive Garden San Remo
These chicken breasts are served in a delightful seasoned sauce with pasta.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds green bell peppers, Cut into strips
- 8 ounces yellow onion, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1 pound mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 ounces canned tomatoes w/juice, into cut 1/2" pieces
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- flour for dredging
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil as needed
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add peppers, onions and mushrooms and saute, stirring constantly for 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Stir in tomatoes, herbs, wine and bouillon. Lower heat and let simmer while preparing chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Dredge chicken in flour and saute until golden. Do not crowd skillet; add more olive oil as necessary. As pieces are browned, add to tomato-pepper sauce. When all pieces have been added, cover and simmer 10 minutes to finish cooking chicken. Serve sauce over pasta.Print Recipe