No one makes fried chicken likes KFC. They have been known for their famous recipe of 11 herbs and spices for a very long time now. You can recreate their fried chicken at home. This recipe used to call for Fines herbs, but most people have difficulty in obtaining them. See www.penzeys.com for the spice. They advertising using 11 herbs and spices, we use seasoned salt to account for many of those spices. Seasoned salt is a blend of spices and salt that adds a lot of kick to any dish.
KFC Fried chicken is known all the world around. Yes, you can go to pick some up anytime you like at your local KFC. Maybe you live away from one and you can recreate your own with this CopyKat Recipe.
KFC Fried Chicken
You can cook like the Colonel does.
- 1 Broiler fryer - cut up
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 packages DRY Instant Chicken Broth (Do Not Use Canned)
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
1. Cover chicken with mixture of water and salt. Chill in bowl for least 1 hour.
2. Combine herbs, onion powder, seasoned salt, instant chicken broth, and pepper in a blender and mix well. Place this mixture in a bowl. Add the flour to this bowl. Mix flour and seasonings well.
3. Remove chicken from water, and dip it into the flour mixture coat well. Place coated pieces on a plate for 5 minutes.
4. Melt enough shortening or salad oil to make 1 inch depth in a large skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. Fry chicken pieces turning once, every 5 minutes, be sure to cook chicken until done. Lift chicken out and drain on paper towels. You can keep the chicken warm in the oven by placing it in the oven, and serve when all pieces are finished cooking.
MSG stands for Monosodium Glutamate. It is a spice, found in your grocery store. It can be sold as MSG or under the brand name "Accent". Some people are extremely allergic to MSG, over 98% of the population is not. It serves to make flavors stronger, and almost pop right out at you.
Fines herbs used to be used more frequently many years ago. Fines herbs was a poultry seasoning. Since so many people have difficultly in obtaining the herb.Print Recipe