Vincent’s Restaurant is a Houston institution where you can get a taste of Italy in your home. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, butter, freshly squeezed lemon juice make for a fantastic meal that you can easily put together in your home. Everyone will think you ordered take out from the local Italian restaurant, but you can make veal like any seasoned Italian chef.
Lemon Butter Sauce (recipe follows)
Vincent’s Veal from Vincent’s Restaurant
You can substitute chicken for the veal.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (such as Grano)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 12 thin slices good-quality veal scaloppini (veal scallops pounded flat with meat mallet, and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons Olive oil
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces cold unsalted butter
- 1(14-ounces) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
Mix eggs and milk in a bowl. Mix cheese and half the flour in a flat pan. Place remaining flour in another small, flat pan. Dust each piece of veal first in plain flour, then in milk-egg wash, then in cheese mixture. Coat each piece evenly on both sides. Heat oil in skillet and add veal without overlapping pieces. Brown evenly. Place on platter and drizzle with Lemon Butter Sauce.
Lemon Butter Sauce
Combine wine and lemon juice in small skillet. Cook over medium to low heat until liquid is reduced by half. Whisk in butter, a little at a time, until sauce thickens to medium consistency. Add artichoke heartsPrint Recipe