Piccadilly Carrot Souffle is one of the Piccadilly Cafeteria's mot popular recipes. I know when I have made this dish for people, they can't believe it is carrots. Do you have finicky vegetable eaters? I would try the Piccadilly Carrot Souffle recipe on them, the sweet carrot souffle is quite delicious.
Piccadilly Carrot Souffle
Piccadilly Cafeteria Carrot Souffle
This makes a wonderfully sweet side dish your kids will love it!
- 3 1/2 pounds peeled Carrots
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound Margarine
- Powdered sugar
1. Steam or boil carrots until extra soft. Drain well.
2. While carrots are warm, add sugar, baking powder, and vanilla.
3. Whip with mixer until smooth.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. Whip eggs and add to flour mixture, blend well.
6. Add softened margarine to mixture and blend well.
7. Pour mixture into 13 by 9 inch baking dish about half full as the souffle will rise.
8. Bake in 350-degree oven about 1 hour or until top is a light golden brown.
9. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar over top before serving.Print Recipe