This is a fun way to make meatloaf.
Fooled You! Surprise it’s Meatloaf
Fooled You! Surprise it's Meatloaf
Fooled You! Surprise it's Meatloaf is a fun way to make meatloaf.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 cups (about 8 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy* (directions follow)
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium skillet, heat oil and cook potatoes and green peppers covered 7 minutes. Cool slightly; stir in cheese. In medium bowl, combine onion-mushroom recipe soup mix with water; add remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly. In shallow baking pan, shape 1/3 beef mixture into rectangle (about 8' x 4'); top with potato mixture. Cover with remaining beef mixture, shaping into loaf and sealing edges tightly; bake 1 hour or until done. Serve, if desired, with Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy.
Makes about 6 servings.
Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy
Onion-Mushroom Cheese Gravy: In medium saucepan, combine 1 envelope Lipton Onion-Mushroom Recipe Soup Mix with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Stir in 1-3/4 cups water; blend until smooth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Simmer, stirring frequently, until gravy thickens, about 5 minutes. Makes about 2 cup gravy.Print Recipe