This is perfect to serve for a light and easy lunch. Why not stop in at Melissa’s the next time you are in Thomasville, Georgia.
Melissa’s Chick and Lily Salad
Melissa's Chick and Lily Salad
This tasty salad makes a great meal for anytime of day!
- 4 cup chicken or hen (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup seedless grapes (green or red)
- 5 stalks celery (chopped fine)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
Toast almonds a few minutes at 400 degrees. Set aside. Mix and chill all other ingredients. Serve on lettuce-lined platter. Garnish with almonds.Print Recipe