This is a nice and simple chicken salad made famous by a restaurant we were asked not to name. They are known for being the “inventor” of the chicken sandwich.
Restaurant Style Chicken Salad
This salad makes a great mid day meal!
- 2 cup Cooked Dark Meat (Chicken)
- 1/3 cup Finely Diced Celery
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2/3 - 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Texas Toast or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread
Boil dark meat until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat. You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week. After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients and mix well. Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.Print Recipe