This is a delightful salad made famous by the California Pizza Kitchen. The California Pizza Kitchen has a great cookbook The California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook. The California Pizza Kitchen has a great cookbook The California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook.
California Pizza Kitchen Chopped Salad
California Pizza Kitchen Kitchen Chopped Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette
This salad is a wonderful addition to any meal or can be served as a meal!
- Herb-Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh shallot
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups pure, mild-flavored olive oil
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cleaned trimmed and chopped into 1/8 inch-wide strips
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cleaned trimmed and chopped into 1/8 inch-wide strips
- 12 large leaves basil, chopped into 1/16-inch-wide strips
- 2 cups (1/3 pound) dry Italian salami, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups (2/3 pound) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped garbanzo beans
- 4 cups (2 pound) ripe tomatoes, diced 1/2 inch
- 3 cups (1 pound) turkey breast, diced 1/2 inch
- 2 tablespoon, chopped scallions, 1/4-inch pieces
To make the dressing: Process all ingredients except oil and Parmesan using a hand-held, propeller-blade type mixer (or use a whisk in a small bowl). Slowly blend in oil. When all oil has been incorporated, stir in Parmesan. Set aside in the refrigerator.
To make the salad:
Toss first 6 ingredients and dressing together in a large mixing bowl. Transfer the salad to chilled salad plates. Surround each serving with a ring of diced tomatoes and top with diced turkey breast. Garnish with chopped scallions.
Note: If so desired, all ingredients can be tossed together instead of being composed on the plate as described earlier.Print Recipe