You can make this classic soup at home with our recipe. Filled with ground meat, pasta, beans, carrots, and so much more, Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli is easy to make and makes a perfect dish to bring to work for lunch, or even for a light dinner. This is a wonderful and hearty soup, perfect for a cold day. You could serve this with your favorite salad topped with Olive Garden Salad Dressing. A hearty sandwich also goes well with this soup.
Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli is is a hearty soup that will fill the bellies of your family. This soup can freeze well if you add the cooked pasta just before serving.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces chopped onion
- 14 ounces slivered carrots
- 14 ounces diced celery
- 48 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked, drained red kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked, drained white kidney beans
- 2 3/4 quarts beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 (24-ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 8 ounces small shell macaroni (or other small dried pasta shape)
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook the beef in the oil in large stockpot, breaking it up, until it starts to brown. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the beans, beef broth, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, and marinara sauce. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. Add the pasta and simmer until it’s cooked. Stir in the parsley before serving.
You can find more Olive Garden Recipes at CopyKat.com, the web's most popular destination for copycat restaurant recipes.
This makes 9 quarts of soup. Just cut the recipe in half for smaller family needs! If you want to freeze this soup, don’t add the pasta; cooked pasta doesn’t freeze very well. You can always cook up some fresh pasta and stir it in when you are ready to serve.Print Recipe