Cheddar cheese soup is a fantastic soup, don’t miss this soup, it is easy, and will warm the heart.
Gallagher’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
Gallagher's Cheddar Cheese Soup
This soup has a wonderful flavor and will be a hit in your home!
- 2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Each: finely chopped, carrots and celery
- 1 cup Finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Medium-size white onion, chopped
- 4 cup Each: milk and chicken broth
- 1 jar Pasteurized process cheese spread (such as Cheez Whiz) (15-ounce)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Prepared mustard
Place water in soup pot over high heat. Add carrots, celery and green onions; bring to boil for 5 minutes; set aside, but do not drain. Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat and add onion; saute 1 minute, then add flour, blending well. In a large saucepan, bring milk and broth to boil. Whisk broth mixture into flour mixture with a wire whisk. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in mustard and the cooked vegetables, including the water in which they were cooked. Bring to a boil and serve immediately.Print Recipe