This is not from the chain Don Pablo’s. It is from a family owned restaurant, it is good soup none the less.
Don Pablo’s Tortilla Soup
Don Pablo's Tortilla Soup
This soup has a wonderful flavor!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Chicken Broth
- 1 cup mild Salsa
- 1 cup Dried Tomato halves, snipped into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 2 tablespoon Lime juice
- 2 cup broken Tortilla chips
- 1 (7 ounce) can vacuum-packed corn kernels
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
In 2-quart saucepan, mix broth, salsa, dried tomatoes and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, 8 to 10 minutes, until dried tomatoes are tender. Mix in 2 tablespoons. of the cilantro and the limejuice. Ladle hot soup into four bowls, dividing equally. Divide the remaining cilantro, the tortilla chips, corn, avocado and cheese among four bowls. You can also add a little sour cream to the individual bowls.Print Recipe