This is another great take on the much loved Tortilla soup. Don’t miss out on this delicous and spicy tortilla soup recipe.
Full Moon Cafe Tortilla Soup
Full Moon Cafe tortilla Soup
This soup will be a hit! It is so yummy!
- 1/2 Gallon Chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine these ingredients and bring to a boil
- To thicken make a roux.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- Melt butter. Stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Stir roux into chicken stock.
- 1 cup Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese mixed.
- 1 pint half and half
- 2 teaspoons diced jalapenos
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 cup cooked, diced chicken meat (Full Moon marinates chicken in fajita seasonings)
Add cheese to stock and stir until melted. Add remaining ingredients to stock and heat. To hold, place soup in top of double boiler over hot water. To serve sprinkle individual servings with strips of flour tortillas that has been deep-fried. Garnish with a dollop of guacamole and mixed cheese.Print Recipe