The Cracker Barrel Hash Brown casserole is so well known. You can make this recipe at home; the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown casserole is easy to make. Hash browns, cheese, and more make for a delicious casserole. Vania submitted this recipe. The recipe suggests you use Crazy-Janes Mixed Up Salt if it’s available in your area.
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown casserole
Yield: 12 servings.
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
This casserole is so delicious!
- 1 2 pound bag frozen country-style hash browns
- 1/2 cup (or so) onion, chopped fine
- Jane's Crazy Mixed-up Salt, to taste
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups Colby cheese, shredded (I love cheese, but in this case, more is not necessarily better)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
Cook hash browns, onions, and salt to taste in a skillet (you will need to add a little butter or oil). Cook until the hash browns are tender and brown. Drain the hash browns and set aside. Mix together cheese and cream of chicken soup in a separate bowl Add hash browns to mixture, then transfer into a buttered 2 qt. casserole dish and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.Print Recipe