This recipe makes a very filling casserole, corn bread mix, ground beef, cheese, taco seasoning and more make for a delicious casserole. This recipe is by Brenda Thompson. Cleveland, TX. 1989.
This makes a wonderful dish for a pot luck!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 packages Lawry's taco seasoning (follow directions on package)
- 1 large onion or 2 bunches of green onions
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 10 or 12 corn tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounce Cheddar cheese, grated
In small bowl mix Cheddar cheese and a handful of Monterey Jack cheese for the top. Mix the rest of the Monterey Jack cheese and the onions in a bowl. Mix beans and meat. Mix tomatoes and soup in a small bowl. Line a 13X9" pan with tortillas. Layer the meat and cheese and onions then finish with corn tortillas. Spread soup and tomatoes and top with cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.Print Recipe