This makes a tasty side dish. It also would make a good main dish with a salad for a light dinner. Mark Derington, Houston 2004.
Portobello with Leeks and Spinach
These are oh so yummy!
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 leeks (white parts only, thinly sliced into rings)
- 2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Gently wash mushrooms and remove gills. Place the mushroom caps with the gill side up, on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until caps are just tender, about 15 minutes. Top with leeks, spinach, and cheese; season again with salt and pepper. Bake until spinach wilts and cheese starts to brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.Print Recipe