This recipe is from the archives of Stephanie Manley.
This is a great meal for the family and for those night you don't have allot of time to cook!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup ready-to-serve broth
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into fourths and divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Cooked chopped onion, in oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly until tender; add tomato and next 6 ingredients. Bring chicken mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
Layer half of each of chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese in a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 5 additional minutes.Print Recipe