A fellow viewer, found this recipe of one of Houston’s most famous restaurants in the Houston Chronicle. It is made in a fluted 10-inch pie pan with removable bottom. If you can’t find it then use a deep – dish pie pan or a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. You will be happy with this rich and lucious pie.
Anthony’s Key Lime Pie
Anthony's Key Lime Pie
This Key Lime Pie is delicious!
- 3/4 pound graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups key lime juice (can use bottled or fresh lime juice- (Randalls usually
- has bottled Key lime juice)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- lime slices and mint sprigs, for garnish
In a bowl, combine crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on bottom and sides of 10x2 inch deep fluted pie pan. In another bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice on low speed of mixer until well-blended (it should be creamy color and slightly thickened) about 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pie shell and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 18 to 24 minutes (pressing surface lightly with finger should leave a mark). Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours before serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, fresh lime slices and mint sprigs.Print Recipe