Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake, piled high with cream cheese frosting, is divine. Make this favorite at home!
Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake
You can find many more copycat Cracker Barrel recipes here at CopyKat.com
Cracker Barrel The Old Country Store Carrot Cake
This cake is just like moms!
- 3/4 cup finely chopped English walnuts
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (8 ounce can with juice)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins that have been soaked in water until plump and then drained
- 1 and 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans for garnish
Cake: Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth and fluffy. Add pineapple, walnuts, coconut, carrots, and raisins and blend well. Gradually add flour mixture a half at a time until blended through.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-50 minutes. Test with toothpick for doneness. When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and a little powdered sugar at a time until all has been blended well. Turn mixer on high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
Yield: 24 servingsPrint Recipe