These turkey enchiladas have a sour cream based sauce, this makes for a wonderful change, and this recipe reheats well.
This makes a great one dish meal!
- 1/2 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked turkey or chicken...skinned and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 10 and 3/4 ounce can reduced sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 ounce carton reduced calorie diary sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Snipped cilantro or parsley
- Chopped tomato and green sweet pepper
In a small skillet cook onion. Covered, in a small amount of water until tender...drain.
* For enchiladas, spray a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with nonstick coating. In a small mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, water, and salt to taste. Stir in cooked onion, turkey or chicken, and toasted pecan.
* Spoon about 1/4 cup turkey mixture onto each tortilla, roll up. Place seam side down, in the baking dish. For sauce, in a medium mixing bowl combine soup, sour cream, milk and chili peppers, pour over enchiladas.
* Bake covered in a 350-degree oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Bake covered for 40 minutes or till heated through. Sprinkle enchiladas with cheddar cheese. Bake UNCOVERED for 4 to 5 min. until cheese is melted. Topped with snipped cilantro or parsley, tomatoes, and green pepper.Print Recipe