So if there is a required dip for a tailgate event during football season, this is it. This is bean dip brought to a new level: refried beans, bacon, cheese, taco seasoning, tomatoes, green onions, and so much more. This is easy to put together and has all of the best ingredients that Mexican food has to offer.
TGI Friday’s Nine Layer Dip
TGI Friday's Nine Layer Dip
- 2 strips lean bacon
- 1 16 ounces can plain refried beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup guacamole (frozen or prepared is fine)
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes (about 1 romano tomato)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onions
Fry diced bacon until done; add refried beans and cook slowly, stirring frequently until the bacon and bacon drippings are mixed through (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside. Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and set aside.
To built 9 layer dip, place ingredients in this order:
Refried beans, placed on a serving platter and spread out to 1ñ1 1/2 inches thick.
prepared sour cream/taco seasoning
sliced green onion
1/4 cup cheese for garnish, if desired
Serve with crisp corn chips and a very cold beverage of choice. Makes a great snack or light lunch.Print Recipe