These spirals are easy to make, and much less expensive than the ones that are in the stores.
Image by Nattika from Shutterstock photography.
Nan’s Red Pepper and Olive Spirals
Nan's Red Pepper and Olive Spirals
You don't need to buy these from a store already made, you can save money and make these t home.
- 6-7 Flour Tortilla Shells (10"-12"size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach (thawed, rinsed, drained well and squeeze as much moisture out as you can)
Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. To cream cheese add mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano, basil, vinegar, garlic and chives.
Blend after each item is added and mix well. Fold in red pepper and black olives, set aside.
Place tortilla shells on a flat area and spread cheese mixture over shell. It will take about 3 tablespoons for each shell. Sprinkle about 1/8 cup of spinach over the top of the spread. Carefully roll up and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for several hours. Rolls may be kept in the refrigerator for several days if sealed. When rolls are set, slice about 1/4 thick. Discard the end slices and place on a serving try and garnish with your favorite accompaniment.Print Recipe