This is a variation of Rotel Cheese dip, but using canned tamales, and much more. This makes a ton, so invite over a crowd when making this.
Cheese dip made with Rotel is a classic at any party.
- 1 can beef tamales (wrappers removed) mashed with a fork
- 1 can chili (without beans)
- 1 can "chili hot" beans
- 1 can Rotel brand diced tomatoes & chilies
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese (cut into chunks)
- 1 large purple onion diced (really, any onion will do)
- 1 or 2 fresh tomatoes chopped (optional - use them if you have them)
- Spice to taste - any combination of the following will do:
- Fresh diced chili or hot pepper
- Cilantro (dried or fresh minced)
- Hot pepper sauce (Louisiana Hot Sauce, Tabasco, etc)
- Ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot and heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. I add a small amount of spices before heating and then add more to taste. (I prefer it spicy.) Serve with tortilla chips.
P.S. This make a LOT of dip - make it when you are expecting a crowdPrint Recipe