Fellow viewer Eric Ortego submitted his own personal creation. Once again another hit. We had a small gathering, and this stuff was “scooped” up!
Cheddar’s Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Cheddar's Sante Fe Dip
You can make a dip like Cheddar's Santa Fe Dip.
- 1 medium onion chopped (small)
- 2 cans spinach (drained)
- 1 small can plum tomatoes chopped (small)
- 1 (4 ounces) can green chilies chopped and drained
- 1(8 ounces) cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup half/half
- 10 ounces grated Monterey jack
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion in skillet over medium until softened. Add tomatoes and chilies and then cook 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and stir in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, half and half and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into shallow baking dish bake in 400 deg oven until dip is bubbly and top is light brown, about 35 minutes. Top with a spoon of sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.Print Recipe